My policies are quite standard as far as music lessons go. They are designed with the best interest of both students and teacher in mind. Be sure to familiarize yourself with them. A complete copy of these policies is also on the Registration Form which you can download and print through the”Registration” heading. If you have questions about my lesson policies I will be happy to answer them for you.
- Payment can be done by either cash or cheque
- Fees are due, in full, before the first calendar day of each month
- Cheques must be dated for the 28th day of the previous month
- Please make cheques payable to Derek Jensen
- Payment for first month (or portion of) is due at the first lesson
What if I have to miss a lesson?
- Please contact me by phone if you will be missing a lesson.
- Lessons missed due to illness or emergencies will be re-scheduled. 24 hours notice is appreciated but exceptions can be made if a student becomes ill less than 24 hours before a lesson.
- In the event of an emergency situation, please contact me when you are able to arrange a re-schedule.
- Missed lessons will not be subtracted from lesson fees.
- If a student simply does not show up for a lesson , the lesson will not be made up.
- Students who are sick or have anything contagious must STAY HOME! Please read the following list of examples carefully: Head lice, Strep throat, Mono, Sore throat, Flu, Bed bugs, or anything else that can be passed from one person to another. Students showing up for lessons with any of the above, or other serious conditions, will be sent home immediately and will not receive a re-schedule.
- If your instructor must miss a lesson, you will be given as much notice as possible, and your lesson will always be re-scheduled.
- No fee adjustments or refunds will be made.
Can I take lessons in the Summer months?
Yes! Lessons are available throughout July and August and I encourage students, who are able, to continue their musical progress through the summer months. I offer lesson flexibility during these months to accommodate your summer holidays. For more details see “Summer Lessons” under the “Lesson Info” heading. Here’s how summer lessons work:
- Morning, afternoon and evening times can be available.
- Schedule as many lessons as you wish. Work around your holidays and continue to improve your skills rather than letting your playing get rusty!
- My easy summer lesson sign-up form will be available at the school and online in a downloadable form starting May 1. This is not a registration form, rather an easy way of allowing the school and yourself to keep track of the days, times, and weeks that you will be attending lessons.
- School policies and current registration continue to apply through July and August.
What do I do when I will no longer be taking lessons?
- Written notice must be submitted to the instructor before the beginning of the last month of lessons. This can be in the form of a hand written note or an email.